Lounging outside with a glass of sweet tea is a favorite past time of mine during the warmer months. Once you have decided on a decorating scheme for your patio or yard, you will need to complement your furniture and make it comfy to sit on.
The right outdoor cushions can take your furniture to a new level of class and sophistication.
Adding some bright, cheery outdoor cushions can help make your outdoor furniture pop. Outdoor cushions also make your time outside more relaxing and comfortable.
Selecting the Best Outdoor Cushions in February, 2020
| (Editor’s Choice) |
1. Greendale Home Fashions
72 x 22 x 4 inches
Greendale Home Fashions
|2. Pillow Perfect|
72.5 x 21 x 3 inches
| (Editor’s Choice) |
3. Comfort Classics Inc.
26 x 24 x 17 inches
Comfort Classics Inc.
|4. Bossima Deep Seasonal|
24.5 x 24 x 12 inches
|5. Pillow Perfect Wicker|
19 x 5 x 19 inches
|6. Coral Coast Classic|
57 x 20 x 4 inches
|7. Pillow Perfect Tufted|
19 x 5 x 18.5 inches
|8. Greendale Home Fashions|
51 x 18 x 4 inches
Greendale Home Fashions
|9. FBTS Prime|
17.7 x 17.7 x 3.9 inches
|10. Greendale Home Fashions|
19 x 12 x 4 inches
Greendale Home Fashions
1. Greendale Home Fashions 72-Inch Outdoor Chaise Lounge Cushion : Best All Around Option for Chaise Lounges
The Greendale Home Fashions 72-Inch Outdoor Chaise Lounge Cushion is available in tons of fun colors and prints. With so many awesome hued options you are sure to find one that pulls your outdoor decorating together.
Our testing team loved all of the exciting options and that there was a color or design for everyone.
The Greendale Home Fashions 72-Inch Outdoor Chaise Lounge Cushion has been crafted from UV ray resistant fabric to avoid fading or weakening if the material of the cushion.
2. Pillow Perfect Indoor/Outdoor Bosco Chaise Lounge Cushion : Best for Drier Climates
The cushions are crafted from polyester with a 100 percent fiber filling. The fabric is fade resistant and offers protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays.
The Pillow Perfect Indoor/Outdoor Bosco Chaise Lounge Cushion is easy to clean by lightly spot cleaning, or they can also be hand washed with a mild detergent.
3. Comfort Classics Sunbrella Channeled Chaise : Best for Striped Pattern Lovers
The Comfort Classics Sunbrella Channeled Chaise is available in a plethora of colors including several beautiful striped designs. The outdoor cushions feature the quick drying and super durable Sunbrella fabric.
The cushions are oversized and extremely plush making them a very comfortable option for your outdoor patio needs.
The Comfort Classics Sunbrella Channeled Chaise has a lovely rounded, waterfall edge.
4. Bossima Deep Seat Chair Cushion Set : Best for Oddly Shaped Patio Furniture
The Bossima Deep Seat Chair Cushion Set is the perfect outdoor cushion option for oddly shaped patio furniture. It can be difficult to find cushions that fit deep-seated chairs making these cushions a breath of fresh air.
They are filled with recycled materials making them a lovely option for both the environment and you.
The Bossima Deep Seat Chair Cushion Set features a removable cover which is secured and removed by a zipper.
5. Pillow Perfect Indoor/Outdoor Hockley Wicker Seat Cushion : Best for Wicker and Metal Seats
There are tons of color options and many different patterns that will suit any outdoor furniture decorating tastes. Our testing team loved the look and feel of these very stylish and comfortable outdoor seat cushions.
The Pillow Perfect Indoor/Outdoor Hockley Wicker Seat Cushion arrives with two seat cushions which thrilled our testing team members since most options only cone with one cushion.
6. Coral Coast Classic Outdoor Porch Swing and Bench Cushion : Durable Option for Bench Seats and Porch Swings
The cushion measures 55 inches in width, 18 inches in depth, and is comfortable with 2 inches of plush filling. The fabric cushion cover has been crafted from a polyester fabric to increase its lifespan.
The Coral Coast Classic Outdoor Porch Swing and Bench Cushion arrive with two ties to secure the cushion to your porch swing or bench seat.
7. Pillow Perfect Outdoor Westport Tufted Seat Cushion Set : Most Versatile Outdoor Cushion Option
The Pillow Perfect Outdoor Westport Tufted Seat Cushion Set earned high marks from our testing team thanks to their supreme versatility. The cushions come as a set and are available in many different colors and some beautiful, eye-catching patterns.
The cushions are absolutely gorgeous and would be terrific for use outside or even on your dining room chairs to add a pop of color and comfort.
The Pillow Perfect Outdoor Westport Tufted Seat Cushion Set is set at a wonderful price point making them an affordable and versatile option.
8. Greendale Home Fashions Indoor/Outdoor Bench Cushion : Best Outdoor Cushion Choice for Bench Style Seats
The cushion measures 51 inches in length and is available in lots of bright colors and fun patterns guaranteed to delight. The cushions are extremely easy to keep clean and are both water and stain resistant.
The Greendale Home Fashions Indoor/Outdoor Bench Cushion features an overstuffed construction to provide comfort for years to come.
9. FBTS Prime Outdoor Chair Cushion Set : Terrific Budget Seat Cushion Option
The cushions clock in at 16 inches by 17 inches and are easily tied on your favorite outdoor seats. Our testing team loved how many pretty patterns and colors are available in this option.
The FBTS Prime Outdoor Chair Cushion Set features a very sturdy zipper that will last for years to come.
10. Greendale Home Fashions Rectangle Outdoor Accent Pillow Set : Best Accent Pillow Option
This option includes two gorgeous accent pillows. They are as attractive as they are affordable, making them a must buy for outdoor furniture.
The Greendale Home Fashions Rectangle Outdoor Accent Pillow Set was a huge hit with our testing team members that have had uncomfortable patio furniture in the past.
Best Outdoor Cushion – Buyer’s Guide
The right outdoor cushions can accomplish quite a few tasks. An outdoor cushion can enhance and elevate the style of your patio furniture. They also provide comfort and support on sunny afternoons.
Finding the best outdoor cushions for your lawn furniture may seem like an arduous chore. There are thousands of outdoor cushions available on the market which can be confusing. As a result, we have created a helpful buyer’s guide to learn about the most important features while demystifying the purchasing process. Let’s get ready to relax with some comfy cushions!
How Do I Know What Size of Cushions to Purchase?
If you are picking out replacement cushions or starting from scratch, selecting the right sized cushions is paramount to comfort and durability. If the cushions are too small they will slip and slide around. If your new cushions or too large they can burst or rip. Here are some helpful guidelines to make certain you only have to purchase the cushions once.
Patio Furniture Measuring Guidelines
- Width: To assess the width of the furniture measure it from right to left or arm to arm. The measurement must be taken accurately from the widest point of the furniture.
- Depth: To get a correct depth measurement, you will need to measure from the front of the furniture to the back across the seating surface.
- Back: To measure the back of the furniture, start at the base of the seat to the very top of the back of the chair or lounger.
- Height: The height measurement here is related to the height if the cushion rather than the height of your furniture. You can estimate the height you will need by measuring from the seat’s base to wherever you want the top of the cushion to each to.
The Construction of Outdoor Cushions
Outdoor cushions are crafted with different materials than the cushions you would find on your couch inside your living room. This is due to the fact that your couch or recliner is not subjected to the sun’s rays or inclement weather like rain or wind. As a result, finding the best materials for your cushions to be made from is an extremely important task so that they will have a long lifespan despite being subjected to rain, wind, sun, mold, mildew, or fading conditions.
The Different Types of Materials Used in the Construction of Outdoor Cushions
- Cotton Canvas Fabric: Cotton canvas fabric is a plainly woven upholstery known to be heavy duty and long lasting. This material is easy to dye, so it is often available in a much larger range of patterns and colors than other materials. It is also easy to clean and care for.
- Sunbrella Fabric: Sunbrella fabric was first unveiled in the 1950’s. The fabric features high-performance engineering that is very resistant to fading or becoming damaged due to water. Sunbrella fabric is extremely breathable which means it will be comfortable during hot and humid months.
- Duck Cloth: Duck cloth fabric has been woven tightly to achieve a smoother feel than cotton canvas. It is durable and soft feeling.
- Textilene: Textilene fabric is most often seen in the construction of sling seats and canopies. This option is flame retardant and has a PVC coating making it easy to maintain and clean.
- Olefin Fiber: Olefin Fiber fabric is also sometimes referred to as polypropylene. This synthetic fiber makes for a wonderful choice when used as a filling in cushions. It is long lasting and resistant to damage from mildew, mold, as well as fading.
- Vinyl: Vinyl crafted seat cushions first gained popularity in the 1920’s. This upholstery option is environmentally friendly and recyclable.
Filling Options for Outdoor Cushions
- Foam Batting: Foam batting supplies a smooth appearance to the outdoor cushion. The cushion will feature a foam interior that has been wrapped with batting created from Dacron. Cushions with this filling are medium to firm in density and are long-lasting.
- Foam: Foam is available in many different densities from light to firm. For areas that are prone to mold and mildew, polyester fiberfill foam is a wonderful option. It is also machine washable.
Key Considerations for Purchasing Outdoor Cushions
Let’s take a close look at the imperative features you should be well versed on when exploring new outdoor cushions for your patio furniture.
The ties will allow you to anchor your new cushions to your furniture. Select cushions with strong ties that will not fray or fall apart quickly. The ties should complement and match the cushions and your furniture.
A slipcover can offer a unique aesthetic to your yard furniture. This option has an all over fabric covering the frames of your furniture. Select options with Velcro to ensure they stay put during windy weather conditions.
Color and Pattern
As technology and fiber crafting technology continues to advance, there will be even more attractive options for cushions. Try to select cushions that complement your current design scheme, or that add a fun splash of color.
Maintenance and Care Tips for Your New Outdoor Cushions
Here are some helpful hints to keep your new cushions looking stellar for years to come.
- Regularly brush or wipe the cushions free of dirt and debris
- Vacuum the cushions with a hose attachment to reach hard to see areas
- Blot stains gently, do not rub
- Try to keep the new cushions away from direct sunlight when not in use to reduce the risk of fading or UV ray damage
- Clean and dry the cushions thoroughly to discourage mold and mildew
- Place wet cushions seam side down to allow for complete drying
- Always check the manufacturer’s instruction for cleaning to be certain your cleanser will not hurt the fabric
Purchasing new outdoor cushions can take your patio furniture from a painful experience to luxurious comfort in mere minutes. With so many beautiful color and pattern option, the sky is the limit for expressing your creativity. Remember to fully read descriptions to make sure your new cushions will be a durable and smart decision.
We hope our outdoor cushion reviews were helpful and that you learned some great new information today. Hearing back from our readers always makes us smile. Drop us a quick line below with your favorite outdoor cushions options.