Sleep is one commonality we all share as everyone needs it. But achieving a restful slumber can become difficult if you aren’t comfortable.
The right set of sheets can make all the difference between a serene, blissful night and a terrible one spent tossing and turning.
With allergic reactions and skin issues running rampant, selecting organic sheets is a wonderful way to avoid allergies and finally get a sleep-filled night.
Selecting the Best Organic Sheets in October, 2020
| (Editor’s Choice) |
1. Magnolia ORGANICS
15.4 x 10.9 x 3.9 inches
|2. Whisper Organics|
15.4 x 11.7 x 3.7 inches
| (Editor’s Choice) |
3. Len Linum
13 x 11 x 3 inches
|4. Organic Textiles|
9 x 7.5 x 6 inches
|5. New York Rainbow|
11.8 x 10.3 x 5.8 inches
New York Rainbow
|6. Linen Souq|
15 x 11 x 5 inches
|7. Organics and More|
18.8 x 14.6 x 7 inches
Organics and More
|8. Merryfeel 300 Thread|
15 x 12 x 2.4 inches
|9. Homelux Organic Earth|
15.2 x 11 x 4.4 inches
|10. Zen Bamboo|
11.1 x 10 x 4.2 inches
Zen Bamboo Luxury
1. Magnolia Organics Dream Collection Sheet Set : Best for Hot Sleepers
The Magnolia Organics Dream Collection Sheet Set comes in an array of sizes and colors to suit any décor. The sheets are Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified and made in Connecticut from the highest level of organic cotton available.
The thread count of these sheets is 300 which offers a soft and comfortable sleeping experience.
The Magnolia Organics Dream Collection Sheet Set features deep pockets to fit oversized mattresses comfortably.
2. Whisper Organics Organic Cotton Sheet Set : Best Imported Sheets
The Whisper Organics Organic Cotton Sheet Set is crafted from organic cotton grown on farmland in India. The cotton used has full GOTS certification, so you will not be subjected to any harsh chemicals.
The sheets are available in a full spectrum of sizes from twin to California king and in many splendid colors.
The Whisper Organics Organic Cotton Sheet Set utilizes long-staple yarn to provide lavish comfort and warmth.
3. Len Linum European Made Pure Linen Sheets Set : Best Organic Linen Sheets
Our testing team enjoyed sleeping on these luxurious sheets thanks to the fact that linen feels cool and dry regardless of the season.
The Len Linum European Made Pure Linen Sheets Set include a flat sheet, fitted sheet, as well as two standard size pillowcases.
4. Organic Textiles True Certified Organic Bed Sheet Set : Best All Around Organic Sheets
The Organic Textiles True Certified Organic Bed Sheet Set is carefully constructed with 100 percent certified organic cotton. A very fine yarn is the sheet set’s secret to their extremely soft and cozy texture.
Our testing team picked these sheets as our top choice thanks to their amazingly luxurious feel and performance.
The Organic Textiles True Certified Organic Bed Sheet Set is pre-shrunk, so you will not need to worry about shrinkage during washing and drying.
5. New York Rainbow Organic Cotton Bed Sheet Set : Great Choice for College Students
The sheets are available in the traditional bed sizes from twin to California King as well as twin XL.
Twin XL is the typical size for dorm room beds making this an excellent option for college students that want organic sheets.
6. Linen Souq Organic Bed Sheets Set : Terrific Choice for Deep Pocket Mattresses
Our testing team members with thicker mattresses were astounded at how well they fit and stay on which can be an annoying issue with many other sheets.
The sheet set is made of organic cotton that has been rated GOTS certified and is imported from India.
7. Organics and More NatureSoft Organic Cotton Flannel Sheet Set : Best Organic Flannel Sheet Option
The Organics and More NatureSoft Organic Cotton Flannel Sheet Set is crafted with 100 percent organic cotton. This option is a flannel sheet set which will keep you perfectly warm and toasty on even the coldest winter nights.
Due to a completely organic process free from harsh chemicals and dyes, this sheet set is an off-white, natural shade.
The Organics and More NatureSoft Organic Cotton Flannel Sheet Set contains a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases in an assortment of sizes.
8. Merryfeel Cotton Sateen 300 Thread-Count Sheet Set : Prettiest Organic Sheet Set Option
The flat sheet and pillowcases are embroidered while the flat sheet is left plain for comfort. This set has been pre-shrunk to avoid any laundry mishaps.
The Merryfeel Cotton Sateen 300 Thread-Count Sheet Set fits oversized mattresses that measure up to 15 inches in depth.
9. Homelux Organic Earth Egyptian Comfort Eco-Friendly Sheet Set : Lovely Budget Option for Queen or King Sized Beds
The Homelux Organic Earth Egyptian Comfort Eco-Friendly Sheet Set offers a six-piece bedding set at a super affordable price point. In this sheet set, you will receive a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and four pillowcases instead of the usual two.
Our testing team members were shocked when they saw how inexpensive this option is.
The Homelux Organic Earth Egyptian Comfort Eco-Friendly Sheet Set is oversized to accommodate thicker mattresses and overstuffed pillows.
10. Zen Bamboo Hypoallergenic Luxury Series Bed Sheet Set : Best Bargain Price Option
The Zen Bamboo Hypoallergenic Luxury Series Bed Sheet Set offers an affordably priced solution to individuals that are concerned with whether their sheets are hypoallergenic. The sheet set is composed of bamboo-derived rayon and brushed microfiber.
Our testing team members with eczema and sensitive skin loved that the Zen Bamboo Sheet Set is hypoallergenic as well as being stain resistant, resistant to fading, and resistant to wrinkles.
The Zen Bamboo Hypoallergenic Luxury Series Bed Sheet Set is easy to care for and can be washed in the machine.
Best Organic Sheets – Buyer’s Guide
Organic sheets can help you to finally enjoy a peaceful slumber each and every night. This type of bedding is also a wonderful for individuals that have allergies, eczema, psoriasis, or other sensitivities. They are free from harsh chemicals which are not only good for you but for the earth as well making them an environmentally-friendly option.
Finding the best organic sheets for you and your needs can seem like a nightmare, rather than the restful night you are aiming for. To help you expedite the process, we have crafted this handy shopping guide to explain the things you need to know and the things you don’t need to worry about. Let’s get started!
What Makes Organic Sheets Beneficial?
While you may believe you only need to consider things like thread counts and the way sheets feel, there are other important items to ponder. Understanding what your sheets are made of is extremely important. Going a step further and learning how they were processed is the best way to ensure you and your loved ones aren’t resting in a toxic environment.
Free of Chemicals
Although the label on your favorite set of sheets should clearly display the fiber content, instructions for caring for them, as well as the thread count, it does not tell you all you need to know. Manufacturers are not required to disclose what chemicals are used when creating the sheets. You may think that this information isn’t that imperative, but it truly is.
During the processing and manufacturing of sheets many chemicals are used. The fibers, whether they are cotton, flax, bamboo, or something else, are often processed with bleach, surfactants, cleansers, harsh dyes, and many other unnatural substances. In recent years, scientists, researchers, and physicians have all grown quite concerned about the levels of toxicity afforded by such liberal use of chemicals.
Since our skin is porous, chemicals from your bedding can have a direct effect on your health at both the surface and internal levels. Selecting organic, non-toxic bedding is one way to help protect you and your family’s health. Here are a few tips to avoid chemicals.
- If the sheets are marketed as “Easy Care,” “Permanent Press,” or Wrinkle-Free” then they most likely have been treated with harsh chemicals. One chemical that is especially toxic used in these processes is formaldehyde resin. Unfortunately, this chemical cannot be easily removed or rinsed away after they have been introduced to the material.
- While synthetic fibers have become more popular in recent years, they aren’t a great idea. These sheet sets will be cheaper than cotton, linen, or flannel but in reality, this is due in part to them being made from plastics. The plastic is heavily processed with a long chain of chemical reactions to turn it into a fabric. Stick to traditional fiber sources to be safe.
- Research before you purchase. Check the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) rating. Products with GOTS certification which means that the fiber was grown organically and no harmful substances were used in processing.
A hallmark of organic sheets lies in the use of natural fibers. As we mentioned, synthetic fibers have become all the rage to incorporate into bedding. After they have been processed into fabric, the barrage of chemical use does not stop there. Carcinogenic chemicals are used to make the fabric feel softer and to color it as well. Stick to natural fibers like cotton or flax.
You may be asking yourself, what does thread count actually mean? Thread count is also sometimes referred to as threads per inch (TPI). This measurement details the softness or coarseness of the fabric.
Thread count is determined by counting how many threads are used in one square inch of the sheet fabric. Standard thread counts are typically measured at around 150. High-quality sheets are usually considered a thread count of 200 or above with some brands boating thread counts of over 800.
Contrary to popular belief, a higher thread count is not always best. Higher thread counts create a more tightly woven fabric which results in the bedding losing breathability. Sheets that do not have breathability can cause you to sweat profusely and be extremely uncomfortable. The integrity of the yarn used and the way the fabric is woven together is a much better way to determine the quality of the sheets.
Protecting your family is an important part of being a responsible adult. Babies and kids are much smaller than grownups. As a result, their little bodies are much more susceptible to the chemicals used in fiber processing including pesticides, formaldehyde, and detergents.
Selecting organic sheets for your children is ideal as it is not only free from these harmful substances, but they are also better for your kids’ skin and their overall health. Organic sheets sets can be purchased in crib mattress, toddler mattress, and smaller bed sizes so you can keep everyone in the family as safe as possible.
The Different Fibers Used to Create Sheets
Let’s take a closer look at what the most popular types of sheets actually contain fiber-wise.
- Percale: These sheets are made from combed cotton and feature a balanced weave with the same number of horizontal and vertical running threads. They are crisp and cool.
- Flannel: Flannel sheets are made from cotton utilizing either a plain weaving of threads or a twill weave. These sheets are warm and soft.
- Sateen: Sateen sheets are fashioned out of combed cotton with a sateen weave. They feel the closest to silk and are very smooth.
- Linen: Flax plants are used to create linen. They are weaved together using a plain weave. They are lighter and breathe easier than other types of sheets making them a smart pick for summer.
- Bamboo: Bamboo sheets contain a blend of bamboo, cotton, and rayon with a sateen weave. They are among the most durable of sheets and feel very soft.
- Jersey: Jersey sheets are crafted from cotton and are not woven, but instead they are knit. Sheets made from jersey feel similar to a t-shirt and are stretchy and soft.
Organic sheets are simply sheets that have not been processed with a ton of chemicals. Chemicals can leach into your skin causing many issues from atopic dermatitis and rashes to the worsening of eczema or other skin conditions. Organic sheets also breathe naturally and help to promote a better and more restful night of sleep.
We hope that you learned some new information today and enjoyed hearing about our favorite organic sheet and bedding sets. Nothing makes us happier than hearing back from our readers. Drop us a quick line below about your favorite organic sheet sources and any brands you especially love to use.